- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g chicken mince
- 410g can chopped tomatoes with roasted capsicum
- 125g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 125g can corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon Mexican chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 12 taco shells
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 carrot, peeled, grated
- 2 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat grated tasty cheese
Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Increase heat to medium-high. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 5 to 6 minutes or until browned.
Add canned tomatoes, beans, corn, chilli powder and sugar. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 10 minutes or until mixture has thickened.
Bake taco shells for 5 minutes or until browned. Spoon mince mixture into shells. Top with lettuce, carrot, tomato and cheese. Serve.