ACGC was formed in the early 1980’s and represents contract chicken meat growers and turkey producers on a range of industry issues at a national level. ACGC is participant of the Advisory Committee of the Chicken Meat Program of the Rural Industry Research and Development Corporation and the Australian Chicken Meat Federation, which represents all industry stakeholders at the national level.
The Australian Chicken Growers Council represents contract chicken meat growers at the national level. The Council consists of representatives from the six State grower organisations:
- New South Wales Farmers Federation – Contract Poultry Group
- Queensland Chicken Growers Association
- South Australian Chicken Growers
- Tasmania Chicken Growers Association
- Victorian Farmers Federation – Chicken Meat Group
- Western Australian Broiler Growers Association